Are you employed but looking, underemployed or unemployed? Be sure to stop by the library on Friday, October 13 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm for our 10th annual job fair presented by the Suffolk County One Stop Employment Center.
Do you know how to apply for jobs online? Sign up here for a workshop on Wednesday, October 4th at 7 pm.
Many companies use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to screen potential job candidates, and many résumés never make it through these systems. This workshop, led by career counselor Karen McKenna, will provide specific strategies job seekers can use to strengthen their résumés and make use of networking connections to get that interview.
Take a look below at these job related websites. These websites are great if you are looking for a job, and for writing or revising your resume and cover letter.
The Islip Library also has an online database called “Career Cruising” as well as books, ebooks and audiobooks on job and career information.
Career Info. Websites
Resume/Cover Letter Websites
- Cover Letter & Resume Sample By Industry – If you need help customizing your resume to your field, check out these resume examples for various careers.
- CareerOneStop Resume Templates and Resume Formats – Sample resume walk-through.
- Free Resume Templates – you edit in word, free cover letter examples plus an Indeed job search engine.
- Sample Resumes – plus a resume/cover letter critique.
- CV Maker – Prepare professional looking resumes in just few minutes. Select one of the few resume templates to get started with.
- Slash CV – Build a smart and clutter free resume with ease. You can also share your online resume using your personal links on their website.
Try Career Cruising for exploring careers.Career Cruising is an interactive career guidance and pathways planning tool designed for people of all ages. The tool can help students to explore different career options, manage course selections online--and plan various pathways to meet the requirements for their desired career path.